Cheap smartphones are getting better and good smartphones are becoming cheaper. That’s the recent trend in mobile technology. Now you don’t need to overpay in order to buy a smartphone for a daily usage. Today we’re going to list 10 best smartphone under $300. In order to buy them you can click on the links.
1) One of the favourite phones in the mid-range segment is Samsung Galaxy A5. Even though it was released back in 2014 its popularity hasn’t diminished over the period. With dual-sim support (one uses micro-sd slot) A5 excels most of its competitors. Combining power efficient Snapdragon 410 chipset with slightly lower, 720p 5” AMOLED display results in all-day endurance thanks to 2300 mAh Li-Ion battery. You can capture every moment with 13 megapixel rear and 5 megapixel front facing camera. Samsung offers you 6 different color options: pearl white, midnight black, platinum silver, soft pink, light blue, champagne gold. Galaxy A5 come with Android 4.4.4 (Kit-Kat) as default, but you update it to Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop).
2) Another smartphone that was launched in 2014 is Huawei Honor 6. Octa-core Kirin 920 chipset and 3GB RAM under 5” Full-HD display meet today’s requirements. A slightly thicker (7.5mm) body houses 3100 mAh battery, dual-sim (micro-sd) tray and similar camera optics to A5. Thanks to partnership between Huawei and Google Honor 6 has already started to get Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) update since February, even though most of the devices currently run on Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop). (
3) Continuing on chronological order let’s talk about Sony Xperia Z3 Dual, which was also released in 2014. Quad-core Snapdragon 801 chipset and 3GB RAM perform even better that most of the 2016 mid-rangers. Nevertheless, main advantage of Z3 Dual is 21 megapixel rear facing camera powered by Sony lenses that also capable of shooting 4K. 152 gram body is certified with IP68 (dust proof and water resistant). 3100 mAh battery powers 1080p 5.2” IPS display. Sony has already announced that Z3 dual is going to receive Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) update very soon.
4) There’s no doubt that LG is one the companies that makes unique design changes. Under the 5.5” Quad-HD (1440x2560) display LG G3 accommodates the same internal specs like Z3 Dual. Despite the fact that moving volume and power button from the sides to back of the phone was a radical decision back in G2 days, with G3 it feels like more ergonomic and handy design. Flagship comes with 2 and 3GB RAM options, which are supported by 16 and 32GB internal storage capability respectively along with micro-sd card expansion up to 128GB. 13 megapixel rear facing camera equipped with optical image stabilization that improves low-light performance and diminishes blurring. 3000 mAh battery can also be charged wirelessly. LG has started to roll-out Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) update to G3.
5) Being one of the first phones that came to light in 2015, LG G Flex 2 shared the same camera optics and memory options with G3. However, G Flex 2 used upgraded Snapdragon 810 chipset that was hidden under 5.5” Full-HD display. LG used curved P-OLED display and self healing panel in this smartphone that lead an extraordinary design. Non-removable 3000 mAh battery supported with Qualcomm quick-charge that enables 60% charging in 30 minutes. In contrast to G3, LG has not clarified when G Flex 2 is going to get Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) update.
6) China’s biggest smartphone manufacturer Huawei released a dozen of models last year. With 5.2” 1080p display, dual-sim support and its front facing camera Huawei P8 stands out among them. Even though 13 megapixel rear facing camera is pretty average, 8 megapixel front facing camera is selfie killer. Beautiful design packs powerful 930 Kirin chipset, 3GB RAM, 16 or 64GB internal storage and micro-sd card slot. 2600 mAh battery is enough for daily usage considering that P8 started to receive update for Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
7) Sony’s famous mid-ranger Xperia M5 Dual comes with octa-core Helio X10 chipset, 3GB RAM and 16GB internal storage combined with micro-sd card support up to 200GB. Dust proof and water resistancy are also kept signature feature of Sony smartphones. 5” 1080p display is a true mirror for 13 megapixel front facing and 21 megapixel rear camera which is capable of 4K shooting. Sony states that 2600 mAh battery is enough for two days. It’s expected that M5 Dual will get Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) update very soon.
8) OnePlus is well-known for its low-priced but high quality smartphones and OnePlus X is no exception. Premium design houses Snapdragon 801 chipset, 3GB RAM and 16GB internal storage along with micro-sd card slot (secondary sim tray also). However, combination of glass and metal design and 5” Full-HD AMOLED display is main selling proposition. 8 megapixel front facing camera has also “beauty mode” which is kind of interesting feature. 2525 mAh battery provides enough durability for daily usage. OnePlus announced that Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) is going to land on X very soon.
9) Designwise one of the biggest competitor of OnePlus X is Huawei Honor 5X that was released in November. Powered by middle-class Snapdragon 616 chipset, Honor 5X comes in two configurations; 2 or 3GB RAM. Under 5.5” Full-HD display, there is 3000 mAh battery which is more than enough for daily consumption. Below 13 megapixel rear facing camera, Huawei placed its incredibly fast fingerprint sensor. Honor 5X has already started to receive Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) update.
10) Each year Google partners with several manufacturers in order to produce its smartphones and tablets from Nexus line. In 2015 LG was selected to produce a smaller smartphone which named Nexus 5X. In contrast to high-end Nexus 6P, 5X packs Snapdragon 808, 2GB RAM, 16 or 32GB internal storage and 5.2” Full-HD display. Nevertheless, they both share same camera optics which is 12.3 megapixel rear facing camera with the capability of 4K shooting and fingerprint sensor under that camera. 5X uses USB type C for charging 2700 mAh battery with fast charging ability. Google claims 10 minutes charging is enough for 6 hours of usage. As a member of Nexus family 5X will be updated to latest version of Android earlier than any other smartphone lineups.