Samsung says it is "confident" it has solved the battery issues of its Galaxy Note 7 smartphone after multiple reports of the device overheating and catching fire and that the phone would go back on sale in the UK on October 28.
"I can confidently say that the problem has been identified - it is not a device issue - it is related specifically to a battery cell through a manufacturing error and I think now that we have identified it, obviously all the proper steps have been put in place to ensure this is never going to happen again," Conor Pierce, vice president of Samsung's mobile division in the UK told the Press Association.
"We would not even be considering relaunching the device if we had any worry in that regard."
Mr Pierce added: "There has been an incredibly small number of devices that have been affected, so I think we erred on the side of caution when we made the decision and the right decision to pull back the launch.
"There's been 35 reported cases globally, but that's 35 cases too many for a brand that has built its success based on trust, quality and innovation."
Analysts have suggested the defect and subsequent recall of phones - including more than 25,000 in Europe so far - could cost the technology giant up to a billion dollars and it has already seen share prices fall.
The tech giant issued a global recall of the handset in early September, on the eve of its UK release.