Cisco made an announcement that the 3rd Internet of Things World Forum 2015, which took place in Dubai, with over 2000 people attending, was a resounding success.
The Forum emphasized on 3 themes, with keynotes by industry experts and leaders:
- Awaken – focusing on showing business consumers the advantage of IoT in their companies
- Activate – planning IoT studies and practices by analyzing regional customer case studies
- Accelerate – increasing the rate of industry advancement using developers and service providers
Rabih Dabboussi, GM of Cisco UAE, said that it was clear to him that the IoT and innovation in the industry were changing society already. He described the atmosphere as exciting, inspiring and revealing.
Over 25 customers talked about the IoT. Attendees experienced the development of Dubai’s education, healthcare and transport systems hands-on. This included a bus tour to the design district to view the advances in technology and communication, in which the Chairman of the Cisco board John Chambers met with leaders of the country, media and customers in order to speak about the opportunities IoT creates.
Additional events in the forum included:
- Research and Innovation Symposium – speeches by scholars, tech researchers and great minds about the IoT and its possibilities.
- Hackathon – coding competition and learning session
- Cisco Innovation Grand Challenge – 15 startups competing for $250,000 in cash by presenting their innovative new solutions before the closing ceremony.
The closing ceremony celebrated the Forum’s success as well as the winners of the sub-events in the forum.